Yes, this weekend, my 3-year-old who we thought for sure knew better swallowed a coin. Here’s what happened:
He was playing at grandpa’s house and they had all sorts of coins out pretending they were cookies. They pretended to bake them and eat them (yes, you see where this is going). In a flash, Ethan had put either a nickel or quarter in his mouth and swallowed. He didn’t choke or anything. My dad couldn’t believe he had done it. It happened so fast which leads me to think it was a nickel, cause how do you down a quarter???
It’s been two days and we haven’t seen the coin on the flip side (ha ha). Ethan seems totally normal. Any advice out there from moms who have had this experience? How long did it take for the coin to come out? The doctor says it could be 1-2 weeks. I’d love to have your advice!
Hot Tip for Moms: No matter how hungry you are, don’t eat money.